FP Flameproof Immersion Heaters
The explosion-proof electric heating elements of the FP series are a robust and highly flexible solution for heating of process liquids in tanks or pressure vessels. They are equipped with different types of heating elements, they are ideal for direct immersion in liquids and gases.
The heaters are certified for use in hazardous areas where the atmosphere is a gas group in zone 1 or 2 (IIA, IIB, IIC) or as a dust group in zone 21 or 22 (IIIA, IIIB, IIIC).Get a Quote
- Mild steel or 316 stainless steel / V4A terminal enclosure
- Various rod, core and catridge elements
- Available with built-in process temperature sensors
- Mounting of the heater can be by a threaded NPT or BSP boss or an industry standard flange
- Designed for horizontal installation (vertical mounting version available on request)
- Can be supplied witha seperate terminal box for high process temperatures
- Boiler equipment
- Cleaning and rinsing tanks
- Frost protection
- Heat transfer systems
- Heating medium
- Lube oil tank
- Oil separator
- Oil marshes
- Preheating oil / water
- Processing equipment
- Refrigeration packages
- Safety showers
- Tank heating
- Water / glycol cooling
- ATEX / IECEx Ex II 2 G D
Ex d IIC T1 … T6 Gb. Zone 1 and 2
Ex tb IIIC T450 ° C … T85 ° C Db. Zone 21 and 22 (IP66)
- CSA (USA / CAN)
Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D. T1 … T6.
Enclosure type 4 (NEMA 4) Order type 4X (NEMA 4X)
CAN: Ex d IIC; T1 … T6 Gb (IP66)
USA: Class I, Zone 1, AEx d IIC; T1 … T6 Gb (IP66)
- CU TR (EAC), KGS, CNEx, CCOE (CCEs), Inmetro
- -60°C to +60°C
- Overheating protection for the heater is standard (Optionally, process temperature sensors as thermostats, resistance thermometers or thermocouples are provided).
- Different fittings available. The standard heater consists of a single element (or several cores / cartridges), which in a mounting flange is used.
- Heating element: A choice of rod-type elements comprising of 80/20 nickel chrome resistance wire, compacted in high purity magnesium oxide insulating powder and encased in either Incoloy or stainless steel sheath, secured by compression fittings, brazing or welding, depending upon the process application
- Core: extractable core made of high quality 80/20 nickel chrome resistance wire, coated with flush or elongated pipes, in ceramic formers.
- Cartridge: Removable cartridge made of SS304 /V2A and SS316L / V4A stainless steel, consisting of 80/20 nickel chrome resistance wire, coated with SS316L / V4A Stainless steel. Cartridges secured by welding.
- Mild steel or 316 stainless steel, external and internal earths, screwed terminal cover, finished in epoxy paint (if required)
- Any threaded NPT or BSP boss, or flange in any material, can be specified within the limits of the design parameters; heater terminal box can be either ‘direct-on’ or ‘stand-off’, depending on process temperature
- To suit process requirements within the design and certification parameters
- Any electrical supply up to 690V (600V CSA)