RFA Flameproof Immersion Heaters
The RFA range of flameproof immersion heaters offer a lightweight process heating solution that can be equipped with different heating element types. They are suitable for installation in process tanks, safety showers, engine sumps, pressure vessels and similar plants located in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas, where the flammable atmosphere is a IIA, IIB or IIC Gas Group.Get a Quote
- Terminal box made of cast aluminum alloy (optional epoxy paint)
- Various rod, core and cartridge elements
- Available with built-in temperature sensors
- Assembly of the heater by means of thread or flange
- Intended for horizontal installation (vertical installation available on request)
- Boiler equipment
- Cleaning and rinsing systems
- Frost protection
- Heat transfer systems
- Oil separator / engine sump
- Pre-heating oil / water
- Processing equipment
- Refrigeration packages
- Safety showers / emergency showers
- Water / glycol cooling
- ATEX Ex II 2 G
Ex d IIC T3 to T6 Gb Zone 1 and 2
- CU TR (EAC)
1Ex db IIC T6 … T3 Gb X
- -40°C to +40°C
- Over-temperature protection is standard for this application
- Different fittings available. The standard heater consists of a single element (or several rores / cartridges), which in a mounting flange is used.
- Element / rod: A maximum of three heating elements made of 80/20 NiCr resistance wire, compacted with MgO insulating powder, encased with an Incoloy 800/825 or SS304 / V2A, SS316L / V4A, SS321 / 1.4541 stainless steel jacket. Elements secured by soldering or welding.
- Core: extractable core made of 80/20 NiCr- Resistance wire, coated with steel or SS316L / V4A stainless steel in ceramic molds. Cores secured by soldering or welding.
- Cartridge: Removable cartridge from stainless steel SS304 / V2A, consisting of 80/20 NiCr resistance wire, coated with SS316L stainless steel / V4A. Cartridges secured by soldering or welding.
- Cast aluminum alloy, outer and inner earthing, screwed terminal cover (optional Epoxy paint)
- Any threaded NPT or BSP boss or flange in any material can be specified within the limits of the design parameters; heaters can be either ‘direct-on’ or ‘standoff’ as required by the certification.
- Adaptation to the process requirements within the design and certification parameters
- Any power supply up to 690 V